JBL Copper Test Kit
£13.40 inc. VAT
- Easy and reliable control of water values in aquariums/ponds. Determines the ideal copper value for the monitoring of heavy metals in the fresh and saltwater aquariums
- Laboratory comparator system to compensate the inherent water colouring: fill plastic cuvette with sample water, add reagents to another cuvette, place cuvettes in holder, read values on colour chart
- Anwendungsdauer: Bei Neueinrichtung: 1 x nach Einrichtung oder bei Wirbellosen- oder Fischsterben. Nützlich bei Dosierung kupferhaltiger Heilmittel und Präparate
- Online Laboratory: regular control for a healthy aquarium/pond with natural conditions. JBL has water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests for every water analysis. Testing aquarium water for healthy, clear water
- Package contents: 1 quick test, Copper test Cu. contents for approx. 50 measurements incl. 2 reagents, 2 glass vials with screw cap, syringe, comparator block and colour scale. Refill reagents available separately
Healthy aquariums with conditions close to nature
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock and the plants in the aquarium. Even if the water looks clear it can be contaminated. With bad values diseases or algae can appear in the aquarium. To maintain a healthy aquarium with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly.
For each water analysis JBL provides water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests. These determine a certain value or several values in one go. With these water tests you can recognise algae problems and negative nitrate, nitrite, potassium, magnesium values etc.
Copper is a heavy metal which, on the one hand, is essential as a trace element for plant and animal organisms. On the other hand, excessive concentrations can have a devastating effect as a cytotoxin. Copper usually enters the aquarium by means of heavy metals in tap water or by metal objects in the water. And it enters ponds via guttering made of copper alloys. Good water conditioners can bind the copper. But copper can also be useful to combat fish disease.