JBL Iron Test Refill
£10.19 inc. VAT
- Easy and reliable monitoring of the water values of aquariums/ponds. Helps determine the ideal iron content to check the fertilisation for freshwater and marine water
- Laboratory comparator system to compensate the inherent water colouring: fill plastic cuvette with sample water, add reagents to another cuvette, place cuvettes in holder, read values on colour chart
- Duration of use: for setting up a new aquarium: 1 x after setting up, afterwards weekly. In case of green algae problems or when plants don’t grow properly.
- Online Laboratory: regular control for a healthy aquarium/pond with natural conditions. JBL has water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests for every water analysis. Testing aquarium water for healthy, clear water
- Package contents: 1 quick test, Iron Test Fe. Contents for approx. 50 measurements, incl. reagent, 2 glass vials with screw cap, syringe, comparator block and Fe colour scale. Refill reagent available separately
In stockAdd to basket
Healthy aquariums with conditions close to nature
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock and the plants inside the aquarium. Even if the water looks clear it can be contaminated. With bad values diseases or algae can appear in the aquarium. To maintain a healthy aquarium with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly.
For each water analysis JBL provides water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests. These determine a certain value or several values in one go. With these water tests you can recognise algae problems and negative nitrate, nitrite, potassium, magnesium values etc.
Why test? In addition to a sufficient CO2 supply, iron and trace elements are essential for water plants. Strongly growing aquatic plants permanently need iron and other trace elements, and these are only durable for a limited period during the coupling to so-called chelates, a common feature in modern fertiliser preparations (e.g. JBL Ferropol, JBL Fe +Microelements), so regular monitoring with the JBL Iron Test Fe is needed, along with repeated fertilisation if necessary. Pond owners should check their well water for iron before using it for their pond. Too high iron content can lead to problems in the pond.