JBL Nitrate Test Refill
£9.75 inc. VAT
- Easy and reliable monitoring of the water values of aquariums and ponds. Determines the ideal nitrate values to control the algae in freshwater and seawater
- Laboratory comparator system to compensate the inherent water colouring: fill plastic cuvette with sample water, add reagents to another cuvette, place both cuvettes in holder, read values on colour chart
- When to use: for setting up a new freshwater aquarium: once a week. For initial setup with marine water: once a week. In case of green algae problems
- Online Laboratory: regular control for a healthy aquarium/pond with natural conditions. JBL has water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests for every water analysis. Testing aquarium water for healthy, clear water
- Package contents: 1 quick test, Nitrate Test NO3. Contents for approx. 50 tests, incl. 2 reagents, 2 glass vials with screw caps, syringe, dosing spoon, comparator block and colour scale. Refill reagents available separately
In stockAdd to basket
Healthy aquarium/healthy pond with conditions close to nature
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock and the plants in the aquarium/pond. Even if the water looks clear it can be contaminated. With bad values diseases or algae can appear in the aquarium/pond. To maintain a healthy aquarium with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly.
For each water analysis JBL provides water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests. These determine a certain value or several values in one go. With these water tests you can recognise algae problems and negative nitrate, nitrite, potassium, magnesium values etc.
Nitrate is the end product of the mineralisation in the aquarium/pond. Even in relatively high concentrations it is non-toxic for fish, but has an adverse effect for plant growth and the well-being of many a fish species. Furthermore too high nitrate contents promote unwanted algae growth if phosphate is present in the water as well as nitrate.