JBL Nitrite Test Refill
£6.45 inc. VAT
- Easy and reliable monitoring of the water values of aquariums and ponds. Determination of the optimal nitrite value for the filter control in freshwater and seawater
- Laboratory comparator system to compensate the inherent water colouring: fill plastic cuvette with sample water, add reagents to another cuvette, place both cuvettes in holder, read values on colour chart
- When to use: for setting up a new freshwater aquarium: daily for 3 weeks. For initial setup with marine water: once a week. During fish disease or fish mortality.
- Online Laboratory: regular control for a healthy aquarium/pond with natural conditions. JBL has water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests for every water analysis. Testing aquarium water for healthy, clear water
- Package contents: 1 quick test, Nitrite Test NO2. Contents for approx. 50 measurements. Incl. 2 reagents, 2 glass vials with screw cap, syringe, comparator block and colour scale. Refill ingredients available separately
In stockAdd to basket
Healthy aquarium/healthy pond with conditions close to nature
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock and the plants in the aquarium/pond. Even if the water looks clear it can be contaminated. With bad values diseases or algae can appear in the aquarium/pond. To maintain a healthy aquarium/pond with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly.
For each water analysis JBL provides water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests. These determine a certain value or several values in one go. With these water tests you can recognise algae problems and negative nitrate, nitrite, potassium, magnesium values etc.
Nitrite results during the degradation by bacteria of protein and ammonium. It is normally processed further into non-toxic nitrate. In aquarium and pond water nitrite (NO2) should not be measurable. If nitrate is measurable, it is a sign that the bacterial degradation process has been disturbed, and from a concentration of 0.4 mg/l it is dangerous or even fatal for fish, because nitrite blocks the transport of oxygen in the blood. This can be remedied by water changes and good bacteria starters, such as JBL Denitrol and JBL BactoPond.