JBL Oxygen Test Kit
£14.70 inc. VAT
- Easy and reliable monitoring of the water values of aquariums and ponds. Determines the ideal oxygen content in freshwater and seawater
- Quick test for monitoring the aeration: fill glass vial with sample water, add reagents, read sample value off colour chart
- When to use: once a week in newly set up aquariums
- Online Laboratory: regular control for a healthy aquarium/pond with natural conditions. JBL has water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests for every water analysis. Testing aquarium water for healthy, clear water
- Package contents: 1 quick test, Oxygen Test O2. Contents for approx. 50 measurements. Incl. 2 reagents, glass vial with screw cap and colour chart. Refill reagents available separately
In stockAdd to basket
Healthy aquarium/healthy pond with conditions close to nature
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock and the plants in the aquarium/pond. Even if the water looks clear it can be contaminated. With bad values diseases or algae can appear in the aquarium/pond. To maintain a healthy aquarium/pond with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly.
For each water analysis JBL provides water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests. These determine a certain value or several values in one go. With these water tests you can recognise algae problems and negative nitrate, nitrite, potassium, magnesium values etc.
The well-being of aquarium and pond dwellers and the growth of aquatic plants depend to a large extent on the O2 level being kept as constant as possible. Oxygen is the “elixir of life” for all animal organisms. All animals in the aquarium and pond need oxygen to breathe. But the “invisible helpers” in the aquarium and pond, the bacteria that break down pollutants, also depend on sufficient supplies of oxygen in order to be able to carry out their useful activities. In aquariums and ponds with little or no planting and in marine aquariums the oxygen content always needs to be kept at an adequate balance using technical equipment. The water absorbs oxygen through the water surface. The more the surface is moving the more oxygen is absorbed. In case of dying algae and during the use of many medications the oxygen content in the water needs to be increased.